3.15.2015

Elsa, Rainbows and an Ice Cream party!

This week brought a delightful assortment of baking.
First up, I was asked to make an Elsa Rainbow cake. Elsa....Rainbow...it took a minute for my mind to put that one together. I eventually came up with the idea of Elsa throwing out a big ol' rainbow instead of frost and flakes.
Cake Details: 8" 3-layer vanilla buttermilk cake with american vanilla bean buttercream; fondant accents




Next up, a sweet, adorable little girl (a friend of my middle child) was turning 3 and having an ice cream party! Her momma asked for some pastel colored macarons to go along with the ice cream bar and I chose to fill them with Neopolitan-inspired fillings (vanilla bean, raspberry, and chocolate swiss meringue buttercream).


And finally, this month is the birthday of the Women's Organization at church (see here) and so it was decided we would celebrate with what else? Cake! It was too short of notice to put together enough cakes for 100 people, so I suggested we get 2 large Costco sheet cakes and I made toppers for them and added the borders in vanilla bean buttercream. Voila! HBD, RS!