5.03.2015

Evening Dinner Party (pre-prom)

A friend of mine asked me a few weeks back if I would put together a nice dinner party for a group of teens (her eldest being a senior in the bunch) before they headed to prom. I was so excited to put this together! It was even more thrilling to see it all final and to watch and listen to the young adults as they enjoyed their special night!

There is something quite intoxicating to me about the sounds of clinking flatware and stemware; the low, happy sounds of friends (old and new) relaxing and chatting; mood-setting music softly strumming in the background; the smells of delicious food being served, mixed with candles burning, the scent of a season in the air; the vision of soft light, smiles; the visual of beautifully...almost artfully, presented settings and food. A dinner party is an all-encompassing sense-provoking experience.

I wanted these young adults to know that this evening was unique, special and just for them!

My friend and I identified a general look she identified with most, discussed a budget and I was off to the races! I wanted to make it on the more formal side of things but still maintain some whimsy and youthfulness.

I think they enjoyed it and it was a delight to see them all decked out and listen to their party as we helped to serve them their courses!












In the midst of set-up

The staging area for the serving crew. And sparkling juice...I found cherry, pear, apple cider and grape-cranberry. Cherry was by far the favorite!